Corrosion X Anti-Corrosion Spray Lubricant
- Prevent corrosion of delicate electronics and connectors
- Provides superior lubrication and protection for moving parts
Corrosion is a constant problem for boaters everywhere, but now there is a solution. Corrosion X is a high-tech treatment for metal which prevents corrosion, provides excellent lubrication, and can restore dead or intermittent electronics.
Common questions about Corrosion X...
- What is Corrosion X?
- How does it work?
- How long does it last?
- How do I apply Corrosion X?
- Can I use it on electronics?
- Where can I use Corrosion X?
- How do other people use Corrosion X?
- Can I put it on moving parts / engines?
- How is it different from WD40?
- How much does Corrosion X cost?
Corrosion X is a unique anti-corrosion synthetic oil which effectively halts corrosion. Using Thin-Film Fluid Coating technology, Corrosion X provides a barrier between the elements and metal.
- With a high dielectric strength of 20,000 V, Corrosion X is safe to use on electronics. Corrosion X can also restore new life to dead or dying electronics, switches, armatures, etc., due to its excellent moisture-displacing characteristics.
- Corrosion X also provides excellent lubrication for moving parts, making it a good choice for fishing reels, electric motors...basically any moving parts.
Corrosion X was initially developed for the aviation industry to prevent corrosion of aluminum airframes. Unfortunately, corrosion is a universal problem. There are literally thousands of uses for Corrosion X. Find out how some of our customers use Corrosion X.
The lifetime of Corrosion X will vary depending upon the environment and the location of the metal. Typically, Corrosion X applied to metal which is not directly exposed to the elements (such as the back of an instrument panel) can last over a year. Exposed surfaces will typically last 6 months or so. Protected areas can last indefinitely.
Corrosion X may be applied just about any way you can think of. You can spray it on, apply it with a rag or brush, or dip the metal entirely. Because Corrosion X has a high-dielectric breakdown strength, you can spray it directly on electronics without damaging them.
- To provide corrosion protection only, let the Corrosion X sit on the surface for a few minutes and then wipe off any excess. The remaining Corrosion X will form a hard coating on the metal, providing superior corrosion protection.
- To provide lubrication as well as corrosion protection, simply apply a generous amount of Corrosion X to the surface. The Corrosion X at the surface of the metal will provide corrosion protection while the remaining Corrosion X acts provides excellent lubrication.
Corrosion X is safe to use on electronics due to its high dielectric constant. You can spray it directly on circuit boards, switches, motors, wires, etc.
Corrosion X can restore life to your dead or dying electronics. Due to its moisture-displacement properties, Corrosion X can fix many of the problems which plague radios, radars, instruments, and so on: simpy spray, wipe or dip the electronics with Corrosion X.
Simply put, Corrosion X can be used nearly everywhere. Just think of all of the rusted or corroded screws, bolts, wires, connectors, hinges, locks, (and so on) that you run across. How many items have you found which don't work smoothly and need to be protected and lubricated? Corrosion X can reduce or eliminate these problems. Keep a can handy when you do repair jobs around the boat, car, or home. Some suggestions include...
- Spray some on connectors before you reconnect them
- Put it on bolts / lug nuts to keep them from freezing up
- Treat locks to keep them functioning smoothly
- Spray some on electronic switches which don't work
- Use it to winterize your boat engine
- Keep hinges in good shape with occasional applications
Our customers keep coming up with new and interesting uses for Corrosion X, proving that there literally are applications everywhere. Don't believe us? Then keep reading...
- Atlantic City, NJ - A video-game vendor uses Corrosion X to protect expensive circuit boards at games located near the ocean. Before using Corrosion X, the vendor was spending up to $3000 a month replacing circuit boards damaged from saltwater corrosion.
- Telephone company, Northern NJ - The phone company uses Corrosion X to protect phone switching equipment from the elements
- A customer avoided a $1000 repair to his radar system by coating the radar circuit board with Corrosion X
- Many people use it to fog their engine and protect it during the winter
- Radio-controlled plane enthusiasts use Corrosion X on bearings and find little to no wear at all
Corrosion X is an excellent lubricant, suitable for electric motors, fishing reels, engines...nearly anything that moves! Just apply an ample amount of Corrosion X to provide both corrosion protection and lubrication.
Corrosion X provides superior corrosion protection as compared to penetrating oils or WD40. Simply put, these products don't last nearly as long. Corrosion X is also an excellent high-pressure / high-temperature lubricant, providing a higher level of lubrication under extreme conditions.
Corrosion X also has excellent penetration characteristics, making it a good choice for releasing frozen connectors, screws or bolts.